Backyard Farms All-Natural Pork Pata SinigangFebruary 4, 2020
Grilled Liempo InasalMarch 10, 2020
Backyard Farms’ Pork Gising Express
- 1 pack Backyard Farms pork cubes
- 1 pack Backyard Farms pork chops
- 1 tablespoon mild flavored oil (coconut oil would actually be perfect here!)
- 2 medium red onion (about 150-160 grams), finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 20 grams ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons bagoong
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 350 grams sitaw, cut into 1 cm lengths
- 4-5 sili pangsigang/green finger chilies (more if you want it spicier)
- Water, if needed
- Slice pork cubes into strips. De-bone pork chops and trim off some of the fat (discard fat or save for another use). Slice chops into strips. Save bones.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork to the pan and then the fat render and meat brown a bit.
- When the fat has rendered, add the onions and sauté until soft and translucent. Add ginger and garlic and sauté just until you smell the aroma.
- Add bagoong and sauté, stirring, until everything is evenly coated. Add the chilies.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, scraping all the brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Let this simmer on low heat until the pork is tender. If it starts drying out just add water.
- When pork is done add the sitaw and stir thoroughly. Continue to simmer until just cooked. Skim fat if needed.